Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Applications
BSc. (Physics), MCA, MainFrame Certification, Ph. D (Pursuing).
Joined SNGCE in Jan 2006. Prior to that, he was working as Software Engineer at Kirloskar Computer Services Ltd, Bangalore and Corniche Solutions Pvt Ltd (offshore), Cochin and Endura Soft Solutions, Cochin. And also, he worked as a consultant for small and medium software companies in Cochin. He has more than 3 years of experience in software development as well as application programming (s/390) and more than 13 years of experience in teaching. Besides these, he has above 3 years of research experience in the field of Adaptive Hyper Media Interaction and Data Mining; and currently pursuing PhD in the field of Educational Data Mining. He has received his Bachelor Degree from MG University Kottayam and Masters from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. He also possesses certifications in VS COBOL II Application Programming, and S/390 Mainframe Applications. He has presented research papers at various national conferences in India and has also several research publications in International Journals to his credit. He has also served as coordinator of National & International Conferences and workshops and also chaired several sessions on National and International Conferences at various times. He holds a membership at ISTE. He is the faculty coordinator for NBA and ISO accreditations in the department. Currently, he is a member of Albert Einstein Research Centre (AERC), an Area Editor for GIJISE (Computer Applications) and playing the additional role of Secretary, Parent Teacher Association and Quality Auditor at SNGCE. His areas of interest are Natural Language Processing, Data Mining Big Data Analytics, Cross-Platform Developments and open source tools, Legacy Migrations, ERP, Software Project Management and Information Systems and Software Engineering. He also interested in music and realistic sketching.
1. R Programming Learning Made Simple
2. Lecture Notes on Mobile Computing - Android Application Development
3. UML Master: Object Oriented Analysis and Design Using the UML -A Learning Companion ISSN: 978-93-5267-535-7
NB# Books 1 and 2 are under ISSN process.
TOOLS DEVELOPED: AKME (AKM Environment for Analytical Knowledge Mining in Education): Data Mining Tool for Educational Purposes. Developed using Java and source of algorithms available as Open Source.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING UNDERTAKEN
1. Introduction to R – Cert Number: #6064729 Jan 2019 (DataCamp)
2. Intermediate R – Cert Number: #8306848 Feb 2019 (DataCamp)
3. R Programming Track – Cert Number: #72629, 2019 (DataCamp)
4. ISTE STTP on “Introduction to Design Algorithms” conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, 2015
5. “IBM Mainframe (S/390)” – Application Programming and Scheduling At C-DAC, Thiruvananthapuram, 2005 and attained A-GRADE. Certificate No: 12820 and Date:7/1/2005. The selection process was based on All India-Level Competency Test.
6. Certificate on COBOL PROGRAMMING- STDC, Thiruvananthapuram. Certificate No: 12710 and Date:6/12/2004
7. ASP.Net Application Development- At LOGICS, Ernakulam, 2006.
Areas of Research: Adaptive Interactive Models and Educational Data Mining, Concept Mining, Knowledge Ecosystem